ABOUT BOARDWALK LODGE
"Our aim is to provide luxury accommodation in Wilderness in a relaxed setting that reflects the beauty of the Garden Route."
Since 1999, when the main Boardwalk Lodge B&B guesthouse and first self-catering chalets were opened to the public, the lodge has hosted visitors from all over the world. Situated within the boundaries of the Garden Route National Park and the Constantia Kloof Conservancy, Boardwalk Lodge offers a peaceful retreat from where to discover the treasures offered by Wilderness and the Garden Route.
Boardwalk Lodge takes its name and inspiration from the famous lagoon-side boardwalk at the Wilderness section of the Garden Route National Park – an inspiration carried through to the resort’s unique construction. The various units are linked with wooden walkways.
The tranquillity of the location and top-class facilities provide the perfect setting to relax. Cool-off in the lodge’s crystal-blue swimming pool, spend an afternoon searching for the beautiful Knysna Loerie from the comfort of your private deck, or cosy-up in front of satellite television for an evening of intimate entertainment.
Carrier Luxury Travel UK…
‘Life doesn’t get more satisfying than at the Boardwalk Lodge in the beautiful village of Wilderness. Combining ambience and atmosphere with fine facilities, the resort is the perfect place to unwind and recharge.’
What makes us special?
- Very accessible – a mere 20 minutes’ drive from George Airport (25 km);
- Situated in the heart of Wilderness, 5 minutes' walk from the village and 10 minutes' walk from the beach;
- No more than 40 to 50 minutes' drive from the major tourism hubs of the Garden Route, namely Mossel Bay, Oudtshoorn, Knysna, Plettenberg Bay, Victoria Bay and Sedgefield;
- Option between luxury B&B or self-catering accommodation in Wilderness;
- All rooms have their own private deck with a breathtaking sea view;
- Privacy and exclusivity at very competitive prices;
- In close proximity to several championship golf courses on the Garden Route;
- Abundant activities to engage in while staying.