The Laws of the Republic of South Africa shall, in all respects, govern this contract.
Updating of these Terms and Conditions
Boardwalk Resorts Development CC reserves the right to amend all tariffs should there be any change in bank lending rates, government VAT percentage, statutory levy, or tax becoming payable by Boardwalk Resorts Development CC after date of issue of this documentation. Notice shall be provided in the event of a rates amendment but confirmed bookings at the time of the change shall be honoured at original rates.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
- Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128-bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site's registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
- Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
- Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
All the information gathered in the online forms on the website is used to personally identify users that subscribe to this service. The information will not be used for anything other than which is stated in the Terms & Conditions of use for this service. None of the information will be sold or made available to anyone.
The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyse trends, and administer the Site.
We reserve the right to
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- Change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions, then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
Disclaimer of Warranty
- The contents of this site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.
- The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called "Providers", assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents.
- The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility.
- The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
Disclosure of outlet country at time of payment
Standard Bank of South Africa
- Following an availability check, reservations must be made in writing to Boardwalk Lodge reservations office at email email@example.com, tel: +27 44 (0) 877 0238/1566.
- On receipt of deposit, the reservation will be confirmed. Once confirmed, all reservations are subject to the Policies & Cancellation Terms stated below.
Payment deadlines: (also stated on your Reservation Confirmation).
- All rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR) and include VAT at 15% and exclude the voluntary tourism levy.
- Payment can be made by bank EFT, bank deposit, or credit card transaction
|Bank details for self-catering|
|Boardwalk Resort Development CC
Standard Bank, Centurion
Account Number: 410 400 610
SWIFT Code: SBZAZAJJ
VAT Number: 401 021 2886
|Bank details for Luxury Rooms 13 -16|
|Boardwalk Leisure portfolio (Pty) Ltd
Standard Bank, George
Account Number: 060 822 848
No Vat Number
50% Security Deposit Required
- Within 2 Working Days.
- Within 24 Hours if reservation made less than 10 days prior.
- For last minute reservations we require full payment prior to- or on day of arrival or we would require your credit card details to secure the booking.
50% Remainder Required
- Payment prior to- or on day of arrival at the lodge
- Late check-ins for stays more than 1 night: payment required the following day by 10:00
- Late check-ins of 1 night only: full payment upon arrival at the lodge.
Refunds and Cancellations Policy
- Cancellations must be made in writing to Boardwalk Lodge reservations office at email firstname.lastname@example.org,.
- More than 28 days prior to arrival forfeits 10% of invoiced value.
- 22 - 28 days prior to arrival forfeits 25% of invoiced value.
- 15 - 21 days prior to arrival forfeits 50% of invoiced value.
- 08 - 14 days prior to arrival forfeits 75% of invoiced value.
- 00 - 07 days prior to arrival forfeits 100% of invoiced value.
- Non-Arrival (No Show) forfeits 100% of invoiced value.
- Check-in time: from 14:00 to 21h00.
- Late Arrivals: operators are required to please advise the lodge of late-arrivals, so arrangements can be made.
- Porter Service: available between 08:00 and 17:00.
- Check-out time: by 10:30 unless otherwise
- Map & Directions: Please ensure that you provide self-drive guests our Map & Directions.
- Reception office hours: 08:00 to 18:00 daily.
- FOC’s for groups are offered at the discretion of Boardwalk Lodge management.
- Additional guest services available: Picnic Baskets • Honeymoon Extras • BBQ Packs.
- Breakfast: Full English breakfast is served each morning from 08:00 until 10:30.
- Breakfast is available to the Self-catering chalet guests as well at an additional cost. Please advise us ahead of time.
- Dinner: there are many superb restaurants in the village of Wilderness; please allow us to assist with dinner bookings.
- Stairs: Boardwalk Lodge is built on a forested slope and access to all rooms/suites and chalets require climbing stairs. If you or any of your fellow travellers have a problem climbing many steps, please notify us when making a reservation, as we cannot guarantee alternative rooms/chalets on Please see our Accommodation Description & Details page for info on stairs to each of our rooms, suites and chalets.
- Pets: not allowed at the Boardwalk Lodge
Boardwalk Lodge Reservations
Tel: +27 (0) 44 – 877 0238